I have a confession to make: I am a die hard Target shopper. If a couple of weeks go by without a visit, I begin having the shakes. I need my fix. Now this may be because I have two of them within a mile of my house, but I doubt it. I know there are die hard Wal-Mart lovers out there, so don’t hate me. I just love Target….more! So, in tribute to my love affair I have decided to share MY TOP TEN REASONS:
1. The dollar aisle. Oh how it woos me. This was especially important to me when I was a teacher. But now, still, it’s amazing what I find. Little trinkets for every holiday and little toys for every child on my radar.
2. The designer clothing collaborations. I know, everyone has them -the Wal-Mart’s, and the JcPenney’s. But the Target brand has the uncanny ability to bring edgier designers to them and that’s just plain cool. Alexander McQueen, anyone?
3. The shoe department. They carry rows of hip and affordable trendy shoes. You can find any trend there from ballet flats to gladiator sandals to cagey heels.
4. The kids clothing section. I can stock up on basics, like tees in various colors, or trendier jeans and shorts, all for somewhere between $5-$10 per item. The girls section blows the boys section away as far as the cuteness factor goes- but that’s in every store! Where kid’s clothes are concerned- girls rule and boys drool!
5. One stop shopping. There is a reason why I hear from countless people that they can’t leave Target without blowing $100 a pop. Clothes, shoes, patio and garden, house wares, groceries, books, movies, DVDs, need I say more?
6. The generic target brand. It rocks. I buy Target mopping cloths, baby wipes, and fragrance discs, to name a few.
7. Deals on name brand items. I shop for items I know are cheaper there than the grocery store, like diapers and certain frozen food. I hear the same from friends.
8. The store’s ambiance, organization and presentation. It draws you in! I just feel happy shopping there! Maybe they pump oxygen through the vents like in Vegas. I know, it’s just a myth, or is it?
9. The checkout lines. I can count on my one hand how many times I had to stand there for longer than five minutes. And it doesn’t seem to matter which store I’m in. They all seem to be speedy.
10. Clean bathrooms. Hey, if I’m going to stop at the Starbucks counter inside your snazzy store and then down a Grande, there had better be a bathroom around! Across the board, bathrooms always seem to be clean and smell good!
Target, I salute you! Please don’t ever change or leave!