1. Vacation was really nice. We always stay at my in-laws condo right on the beach. As I walked along the sand holding my six-year-old's hand (I just rhymed-someone pass me a guitar to strum), I got all warm and fuzzy when I realized that we'd created this yearly tradition of beach memories for him.
2. But I definitely missed my writing, and my bloggy friends (but not the lingering snow). I'm nearly finished with revisions on my newest YA and I was bummed to leave it behind.
3. But this week also afforded me time to think about some stuff I've struggled with. Amazing how the sound of the ocean gently lapping against the shore can help you work things through in your head.
4. And here's what I came away with. You have this thing called your gut instinct. And if you ignore it, it won't go away quietly. No way. It will continue creeping up to rub your decisions in your face. #neener-neener. YEP. So next time do yourself a favor and LISTEN TO IT!
5. The suitcases and laundry are holding a staring contest with me, but I will WIN (for one more day)!