Don't worry, I won't mumble too much. And I'll speak up so you can hear me. :D
1. We did so much yard work this weekend (weeding, mulching, etc.) that my arms and tush hurt. But hey, the garden look great. That's the payoff for hard work, right?
2. The #YASAVES hash tag has been trending this weekend and I've been reading all the great tweets. If you haven't heard about it yet, it's based on a unflattering Wall Street Journal article about what you find on YA shelves. You can read agent Janet Reid's opinion HERE! In a nutshell, she tells them to STUFF IT!
3. Tomorrow is the launch of Elana Johnson's novel POSSESSION. And I couldn't be happier for her. My Kindle copy downloads at midnight! Tell me, will YOU be reading it?
4. School's OUT in two days and somehow that overwhelms me. There is so much going on in the next two months with summer camp activities, visiting relatives, and tons of other plans. And I feel unprepared.
5. And nervous that I won't get my newest idea drafted. Or my jewelry orders completed. Or my freelance stuff done. The summer is different for work-at-home moms. Your territory is invaded and you have to adjust. But you always do and summer ends up being GREAT.
Tell me what you're mumbling about today!
I've still got three more weeks before vacation starts here, hence why I'm trying to get my edits finished by then. Then I just want to spend the summer contemplating my next project and doing some minor (I hope) editing.:D
I'm off to check out the link. *shakes head in dismay*
Go Janet Reed!!! And YAY for Elana! My kids have three weeks left of school (which is major late for us). I'm trying to get edits done and get my manuscript out there, then work on my MGer and picture books. I plan on taking the summer to do those, though. I think I need a wind down.
That article is ridiculous. It certainly got me riled up. But I love that the publishing/writing community came back with #YAsaves. What an excellent response.
I'm definitely still mumbling about the wsj thing. But yes, Possession comes out this week! That's fun to think about. Hooray, Elana!
I was napping while the husband was garden so nothing hurts for me. Good luck getting everything accomplished.
Summer does have a way of falling in place, and it always flies by and is wonderful!
Sorry about the weed induced soreness!
I saw the YASAVES discussions on Twitter and found many of them really interesting.
I agree...summer has caught me off guard too! I can't even imagine how I plan to keep up with it all :o/ Glad you got the yard work done. I doing big projects like that, but I do love the feeling of gratification once it's all complete.
Summer has taken off, hasn't it!? So excited for Elana!!!
No one tells it like it is better than Janet Reid! And yes, I totally plan to read Elana's book!
Oh, I'm super excited for Possession! Also, the YAsaves thing was awesome - so cool to see the community band together in that way
I am ready for school to be out. But I am not ready for summer. hahaha. Let's run away. :P
Read the article and the hashtags... lurking is the best.
Possession is going to be EPIC! So excited and elated for Elana!
I am mumbling and moaning because there are still 2 more weeks of school, and I would rather be at home, enjoying the beautiful weather, swimming laps in my pool, and writing!
I also have Possession downloading on my Kindle at midnight. Won't stay up to read it, but I'll peek at it with my coffee tomorrow!
I'm mumbling because I'm tired. But I'm happy because we had a lot of people come to an open house today!
I've been mumbling over my current wip. I'm hoping to finish this week with the rough and then the hard part begins. :)
Happy summer! I've always wanted a garden to tend to, but I'd probably be too lazy. And I can't wait to read Possession!
Post a Comment