I got this recipe a couple of months ago from a site called My First Kitchen.
I was drawn to this recipe because I am always stuck looking in my refrigerator for dinner ideas.
And lots of times all I see is a lone pound of ground meat.
And no idea what to make with it. Let me rephrase that. No new ideas.
So I made this recipe and it a was a huge hit! Now it's part of my regular dinner rotation.
Hearty Beef and Noodles ingredients:
1 lb. ground beef
1/2 bag of egg noodles
3 carrots, sliced or diced (I usually slice 6-9 baby carrots)
1 red or white onion, diced (I didn't have an onion one time and just used dried onions from my spice rack-worked fine)
2 cups of chicken stock (I didn't have chicken stock once and used 2 cups of water and two chicken bullion cubes instead)
1/3 cup of evaporated milk (or half and half or heavy cream)
2 tbsp. of rosemary and sage (these two spices together really make the dish)
Here's How I Make It:
1. Cook the egg noodles according to package directions.
2. Brown the hamburger. Season it with salt and pepper.
3. Add the carrots, onions, rosemary and sage to the meat, and cook 5-7 minutes until the veggies are soft.
4. Add the chicken stock, and bring to a boil.
5.Add the cream, and bring to a boil.
6. Add the cooked and drained noodles.
7. Stir it all together, and add salt and pepper to taste.
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!