1. I was secretly glad that John Mayer F***** up in his article with Playboy magazine. He was getting too big for his britches and needed to be knocked down a peg. Everybody needs that, from time to time. So Mr. "my penis is a racist" douche bag, shut the F up and go make good music from this experience.
2. "Jon Benet Ramsey" type stuff scares me. Not only is that one reality pageant show really scary, but any young girl dressing and acting older is. Check out Miley Cyrus' sister, Noah (in all fairness I think this is a Halloween costume, but STILL). She and Miley will be doing a lingerie line for girls aged 9-14 for Ohh La La Couture. WTF??? Just YUCK!
3. I have a secret crush on football player, Reggie Bush. You know, Kim Kardashian's boyfriend? Seeing him win with the Saints at the Super Bowl was super eye candy for me. I wanted to slap his firm a**. I think it was this GQ photo shoot that sealed it for me.
4. I equally have a crush on Paul Wesley from Vampire Dairies. Plus he's also Jack Bauer son-in-law on 24. So sometimes I get to see him two times a week. YOWZA!
5. Sometimes I suffer from extreme mommy guilt. Take yesterday for example. We walk to and from school most days. I warned my son to stay on the plowed sidewalk and to refrain from any snow piles because cold snow would get inside his boots. Apparently those kind of warnings don't work well on five-year-old boys.
By the time we got in close proximity to the school he was openly crying about all the snow that was in his boots and how cold he was. Where did my guilt come in?
I didn't think to pack an extra pair of socks in his book bag with the sneakers he'd be changing into. Yeah I know all about natural consequences and the whole "he'll learn his lesson next time". And that wet socks were "not going to kill him".
Not only that, I was all "mean mommy" and told him to get up and get moving after he sat his little butt on the ground and cried.
Boy, I carried that sadness and guilt around all day until he came out of school and I saw that he was fine. Please tell me you do this too.
What do you need to tell the truth about today?
(i.ehow.com, vampirediariesfanatic.com, GQ.com, thebosh.com)